CloudRanger is looking to hire a Node.js Developer who will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server tier and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions e.g. could include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Understanding user-specified requirements through engaged questioning and clarification of what is needed.
- Validation of understanding through written & spoken accounts of approach to deliver on specification
- Highlighting risks or concerns with schedule, scope or quality in a timely and proactive manner to facilitate risk mitigation
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it e.g. Express, Sequelize, etc.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages e.g Handlebars, EJS, etc.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors e.g SCSS, Less, etc
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Additional Beneficial Experience:
- AWS Lambda
Preferably qualified to degree level but would accept relevant technology-based certifications if coupled with relevant experience.
Submit CV for immediate interview.
Starting salary €30-35k