Last month Jeff Barr challenged us to learn something new in 2016 and offered up the AWS series of January webinars as a starting point. If you happened to miss any of these last month, AWS have put together another strong lineup for February and have now shared it with the masses. As always, the webinars are free but space is limited, so if you are interested, you should sign up ahead of time if you would like to attend.
Here’s what AWS have in store for February and early March (all times are Pacific):
AWS Webinars – March 2016
Tuesday, February 23rd
Many developers are using containers to simplify the packaging, deployment, and operation of their applications. This deep-dive webinar will show you how to use Amazon EC2 Container Service to simplify the use of Docker in production.
- Webinar: Amazon EC2 Container Service Deep Dive (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: Amazon EC2 Container Service – Container Management for the AWS Cloud.
The AWS Database Migration Service will help you to migrate your existing relational data to the cloud. This webinar will tell you how:
- Webinar: Introduction to AWS Database Migration Service (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Background Info: Now in Preview: AWS Database Migration Service.
Do you want to allow your on-premises applications to take advantage of cloud storage? Learn more about some hybrid storage models in this webinar:
- Webinar: Using AWS Cloud Storage as the Foundation for Your Hybrid Strategy (Noon – 1 PM).
- Background Info: What is Cloud Storage?
Wednesday, February 24th
Are you eager to get business value from your Big Data projects? Attend this webinar to learn how your peers and competitors are doing it!
- Webinar: 451 Research and AWS: Achieving Business Value with Big Data (9 – 10 AM).
Are you puzzled by the term NoSQL? Learn about what it is and what it can do for you in this webinar:
- Webinar: Introduction to DynamoDB – The Fully-Managed NoSQL Service on AWS (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Plost: Amazon DynamoDB – Internet-Scale Data Storage the NoSQL Way.
Building mobile apps? Learn how to use AWS Device Farm to test them!
- Webinar: Automate Your App Tests with Appium and AWS Device Farm (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: AWS Device Farm – Test Mobile Apps on Real Devices.
Thursday, February 25th
New environments bring new security challenges! If you are building IoT (Internet of Things) applications, this webinar is a must!
- Webinar: Best Practices for IoT Security in the Cloud (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS IoT – Cloud Services for Connected Devices.
AWS Lambda gives you the power to build serverless applications that require no administration and can scale with no effort. Join the webinar to learn how Lambda can now access functionality within a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud):
- Webinar: Introducing VPC Support for AWS Lambda (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Post: Access Resources in a VPC from Your Lambda Functions.
Handling Big Data requires some architectural considerations and design patterns that might not be obvious at first. Learn more at this webinar:
- Webinar: Architectural Patterns for Big Data on AWS (Noon – 1 PM).
- Background Info: Big Data on Amazon Web Services.
Tuesday, March 1st & Thursday, March 3rd
Migrating your Windows-based applications to the cloud does not necessarily entail stepping out of a familiar and comfortable environment. During our virtual hands-on labs an instructor will guide you through the process of configuring, launching, and securing a Windows virtual machine in the AWS Cloud:
- Webinar: Hands-On Lab: Windows Workloads on AWS (9 – 10:30 AM, March 1).
- Webinar: Hands-On Lab: Windows Workloads on AWS (9 – 10:30 AM, March 3).
- Background Info: Getting Started with Microsoft Windows on AWS.
So it looks like it is going to be another busy month. Don’t forget to also sign up for the first AWS Dublin Summit on Tuesday, February, 23rd. For more information and sign up details check out our blog post from last month. We hope to see some of you there!