“Today, IT organisations are relying on automation as the unifying piece for IT and the business – providing greater interactivity for connecting people, applications, policies and systems with a wide range of capabilities that allow users to automate more than ever before” (Kaitlin Olcott).
What are the 10 key requirements to look for when making the decision to implement automation?
1. Event-Driven Automation; should support a wide range of event triggers so that the IT organisation can respond quickly to business needs.
2. On-the-go-Access; should come equipped with web and mobile based options that provide a flexible point of access.
3. Security and Compliance; a secure automation solution equipped with auditing capabilities.
4. Workload Balancing; automatically assign resources based on machine capacity.
5. Cross-Platform Support; should support a wide range of platforms to create dynamic workflows across all the organisations systems.
6. Integrations with third-party technologies; should integrate with key business-centric applications to provide central point of control.
7. Pre-built Logic; reduce custom scripting with templated job steps to key technologies.
8. Script Library Vaulting; protect existing script investment in a secure central library.
9. Centralised Monitoring; provide alerts when a specified condition has been raised within a workflow.
10. Change Management System; ability to compare, synchronise and manage objects across different environments.
CloudRanger specialises in automation for the cloud computing market, creating an innovative automation platform for cloud users worldwide.